Sunday, June 3, 2012

First Blog

So, here it goes... my first blog:

Saturday night in Vicenza with Cat.
So a few months ago Cat told me she would show me how to create this blog thing and I bought wine and snacks and she never showed up. So tonight we had attempt two, she was a little late and I just realized that we forgot to eat the dessert, but here I am blogging. 

We went to dinner at Zushi, shared a bottle of prosecco, edamame, and she even tried some of my sushi (it was really romantic). Then we came back to the apartment and we looked at yearbooks and pictures and chatted about a lot of stuff not blogg related. But in the end, it all worked out, because here I am. 

My intent is to use this to keep friends and family up to date on Phil and I. So right now Phil is up in Germany for two weeks for work (boo) but it seems like it is a lot more play than work. The plan was for me to visit him for the weekend, but my neck hindered my ability to drive four hours on Friday, so I am here and he is there. 

I will try to have him blog on here about his trip when he gets back. Right now I will tell you about my weekend: it was full of errands and cleaning.  I went to Ikea today as well as the commissary, PX, and emis fero (Italian Walmart). I got a much needed fan as well as some finishing touches for the apartment. It is officially open for guests.  I will try to add photos later, after all this is my first blog. Tomorrow will be a lot of relaxing I have a few more errands to run but most things are closed on Sundays so no point in trying that. 

My blogs will go backward in time for a little while. Next time I will tell you about our Memorial Day. 

3 comments:

  1. Good job, I thought about starting a blog but wasn't sure what I could say at this time. Keep up the good work, it's a good idea to keep family and friend aware of your adventures. Take care, hope your neck feels better soon. I am on the mend from my back surgery and would like to return to normal ?? some day soon. Love to both of you. Aunt Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, I totally forgot to show up the first time. I think she even cooked dinner that time, or sometime. But congrats on your first blog! It's gets a little addicting. Loved our girl date! We'll have to do it again but walk to the piazza and people watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I can't wait to read about all your guys' adventures. Also love the Post Secret link!

    ReplyDelete